Lower your cortisol level with these 7 tips
Do you suspect that you have too high a cortisol value, for example due to long-term stress? Then we have some tips for you.
- Avoid stress and teach yourself a nice anti-stress routine, so you can always relax.
- Take a rest. For example, yoga and listening to music are effective ways to relax your body and lower your cortisol levels.
- Exercise more, about three to five times a week. When you exercise, dopamine and endorphins are released. These fabrics are known to reduce stress.
- Eat healthy and varied. Especially vitamin C , vitamin B5 , folic acid , omega-3 fatty acids , proteins and healthy fats can have a beneficial effect on your cortisol value.
- Reduce your caffeine and alcohol consumption. These substances give your body less chance to relax.
- Drink black tea. Black tea seems to have a positive effect on your cortisol level.