2 onions, peeled and cutinto quarters
500g vine-ripened tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons olive oil1 cup fresh coriander
1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley¼ cup tomato paste
100g red lentils
1½ teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
½ teaspoon ground cloves
5 cups vegetable stock
2 cups kale, finely sliced
2 x 400g cans chickpeas,drained, rinsed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
Salt and freshly ground blackpepper, to taste
Wholemeal flatbread,Greek yoghurt and fresh coriander, to serve
1. Place onions and tomatoes into the short blender jug. Secure the lid.
2. Blend on MEDIUM speedfor 10 seconds or until roughly chopped.
3. Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
4. Add coriander, parsley, tomato paste and lentils to the pan.Cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add spices and cook for a further minute or until fragrant.
6. Add stock to the pan. Cook for 15 minutes. Add half of the chickpeas into the soup. Set asideto cool.
7. Place cooled soup, in batches into the tall blender jug. Secure the lid.8. Blend on HIGH speed for 20 seconds or until smooth.Season to taste with saltand pepper.
9. Pour pureed soup into a clean potand bring to a simmer.
10. Add remaining chickpeas. Serve with flat bread, yoghurt and fresh coriander.