2 teaspoons (1 sachet/7g)dried yeast
⅓ cup warm milk
¼ cup caster sugar
2 cups plain flour
¼ teaspoon salt
3 eggs, lightly whisked
125g soft butter, cut into 2cm pieces
1 egg, lightly whisked, extra
2 tablespoons golden caster sugar
Butter and raspberry jam, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.Grease brioche pans with butter.
2. Place yeast, milk and 1 tablespoon of caster sugar into the shortblender jug. Secure the lid.
3. Blend on LOW speed for 5 seconds. Allow to sit for 5 minutes in the jug or until frothy.
4. Add the flour, salt, eggs andremaining sugar to the yeastmixture. PULSE 4-5 times or untilingredients are well combined.
5. Add 1-2 pieces of butter intothe jug at a time. PULSE twicebefore adding the same amountof butter. Continue until all butterhas been incorporated.
6. Place dough into an oiled bowland leave in a warm place to rise.This should take about 30 minutes.
7. Roll dough into balls to fit into yourbrioche tins. Top with a small ballof dough. Place dough in a warmplace to rise.
8. Gently brush brioche with egg.Sprinkle with golden caster sugar.
9. Bake for 10-15 minutes oruntil golden.
10. Serve warm with butter and jam.