1¼ cups brown sugar1 cup coconut oil
¼ cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 cups brown rice flour*
¼ cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons arrowroot1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 cups dark chocolate chips
*Brown rice flour is blended in the short blender jug
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl whisk sugars, coconut oil and vanilla together to form a smooth paste.
3. Add eggs and whisk for a further minute.
4. Add flour, cornstarch, arrowroot,baking soda, xanthan gum and salt. Stir to combine.
5. Add chocolate chips and mix until a batter has formed.
6. Place 1 tablespoon sized balls onprepared baking trays.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and cooked. Serve warm or cold.